It's been close to a month now since the official release of my Signature Product titled Social Marketing Results. A few weeks ago I told you how and why I created the product, which was just as backwards as they way I have launched it.
You may have noticed that I haven't been actively promoting the product myself. Meaning I haven't been selling it to my email list, adding banners to my blog, or "pitching it" via social media.
Why? There are two main reasons, which I'll share with you in this post. And whether you're launching a product yourself or ever plan to, what you'll learn about leverage and buzz here will be highly valuable to you in your own online business...
I shot a quick video for you on the topic, which is just around five minutes and gives you a good overview of what I've been doing for the last few weeks - and why:
We discussed this recently on Facebook as well:
To keep this post short I'll just hit the highlights, and then if you have any questions you can just leave a comment below...
- Recruiting and helping affiliates is a smarter use of my time, allowing me to increase my reach exponentially - faster and easier.
- Since recruiting affiliates, and leverage, are my top priorities, by not promoting directly myself I am not competing with my affiliates - which gives them an advantage AND an incentive to work with me.
- Instead of spending my time "selling", I get to spend my time "helping" and creating valuable content, which I enjoy much more!
- By doing interviews, webinars, guest posts, presentations, and other things to help my affiliates make more sales... I am not only creating buzz for my new product, but also creating buzz for my blog and brand in general.
- By NOT selling directly to my own subscribers, readers and followers - and using my affiliate's content to bring them valuable free content - I am strengthening my relationship with my readers, instead of alienating them with a pitch. As a special perk to my email subscribers, I also gave them the option to order the product in advance at a discounted rate, before it was ever created.
Note: You can (and should!) subscribe by email below in the orange box above the comments area. I love giving my subscribers special perks!!
- What other people say about you and/or your product is more well-received and trusted than anything you say yourself.
- Working with my affiliates, instead of embarking on an all out self-marketing campaign, frees me up to spend more time with my buyers and more time continuously adding to and improving my product.
- In the Internet Marketing space specifically, I enjoy doing the unexpected. UNselling. Not bombarding buyers with OTO's and backend offers. Not drilling the buyers with hard-sale email follow-ups. All the things that "work" or that we're taught in Internet Marketing - can get exhaustive for the buyers.
Instead, leaving them pleasantly surprised with your process and over-delivering on quality & content, helps you build a better long-term relationship with your buyers. To paraphrase a quote I saw recently: "It's not about Launch Day. It's about the long-term impact on your business." To sum that up - I would rather create an awesome product and have insanely happy customers than to make a quick buck. (Serve your market. It pays back in spades.)
My primary objective here is to spread the word about this awesome new product in the least amount of time, with the least amount of actual marketing (ie work), with the fastest results. And at the same time to build a stronger relationship and a higher level of engagement with my own readers.
Leverage and Buzz are both huge assets to any online business.
I encourage you to consider creative angles you can use to incorporate both into your online business. And if you have any questions about that, just leave a comment below and we can discuss it!
p.s. My affiliate program pays you instantly via PayPal for each sale, as well as 2nd tier sales. That means you could promote it today, and get paid today. Even if you're not an experienced affiliate yet, I'm happy to work with you and help you recommend my product. Get in touch with me and let's talk! *cheers*