Happy New Year! 😀
As one year ends and another begins, I always find myself excited about a fresh new year ahead... and also reflecting on things that really stand out to me about the year behind.
2013 was a doozy of ups and downs. I started the year off with the flu, followed by surgery and an unusually difficult (and ridiculously long!) recovery. I finally got my stride back, and ended the year on a fabulous note! As I look back over it all, there are 10 things that really stand out to me as points I want to take with me into the New Year...
1. Passive Income is a REAL save. I've always known this, but it was never so amplified as it was in the first half of 2013 while I was unable to actively work. It made me incredibly grateful for the time I invested in creating sources of passive income that cover my expenses.
2. Get it done. Ready or not. Perfect or not. Just go live. Do it. Period. You can fix, revise, improve as you go! Getting something done less than perfect is better than getting nothing done at all. 😉 See: Act Fast!
3. There are HUGE benefits to using Google+ in your business! 2013 was the year I really started paying attention to Google+ and actively using it in my business. Amazing (fast) results! Download the Free Google+ Guide
4. Results sell. Don't sell products. Don't sell services. Sell Results. Even with your blog post titles, opt-in incentives, etc, always consider how the ideal reader will benefit from it when you write your copy. On that note, be sure to check this out.
5. Stop trying to get traffic. Just meet, connect and engage with your market... where they are. It's faster, easier, less stressful, and gets quicker / better results.
6. Link building is old school. Just be link-worthy: Say something worth linking to. If you invest your time on that, you'll get much higher quality links and referrals than trying to build links yourself (which is totally boring).
7. Question the voices in your head - always. Ask "why?" Ask "what's the worst that could happen?" Respond logically, not emotionally. (The voices in your head are NOT always right.)
8. Sculpt your peer circle. Your friends, business peers and general associations influence you heavily. They affect your attitude, your motivation, your productivity - everything. Be intentional with who you spend time with, who you listen to, and who you associate yourself with - both personally and professionally. Cut ties, make new connections, and choose wisely.
9. Do what you can do, when you can do it, as well as you can do it. Focus on what you can do, and what you have done, instead of what you can't or haven't. Don't dwell. DO.
10. Make FUN a priority. Laugh, love, rest, celebrate, read. Schedule it in if you have to. Life is short, and every day should be enjoyed!
What about you? Leave a comment below and name at least ONE thing that you picked up over the last year that will really stay with you as a great lesson learned that you want to continue to apply to your life...
p.s. Are you on my mailing list? I have lots of fun stuff coming up in the year ahead - including a powerful free webinar I'll be hosting this Wednesday (January 8th). Use the orange box below to make sure you're subscribed so you don't miss out. 😉