The photo to the left was taken at Affiliate Summit last year. That's me with Rosalind Gardner, the woman who turned ME into a Super Affiliate - and of course a well-known and successful Super Affiliate herself.
Finally getting to hang out with her in person was a real pleasure. She's brilliant, successful, FUN... and a foodie like me.
Earlier today we were discussing BlogWorld, which is coming up in June, and we're planning to meet up there and hang out so we can hit some good restaurants. And of course attend the event, LOL. You can still get tickets super cheap by the way, until February 22nd. You should join us!
People often ask me what the term "Super Affiliate" actually means. They seem to be a different breed, don't they? They waltz into a product launch, or launch a new affiliate site, and blow the socks off everyone else. What is it exactly that makes them so different than typical affiliates? That's what we're going to discuss today...
What is a Super Affiliate?
In any affiliate program, it’s the top percent of affiliates that make the majority of the sales. These are the super affiliates. There's no standard industry definition, but super affiliates are those in the top earning tier & winning affiliate contests.
The majority of affiliates in any given affiliate program make very few sales, if any at all. The earning curve is steep, with a very small percentage earning the majority of commissions - and everyone else nickel 'n diming it.
Don't let that discourage you, though. It just means there's more room at the top.
The Top 6 Traits of a Super Affiliate
You might think it's in the research, the tools, or the niche selection. But that's not the case. While super affiliates do consider profit potential, a true Super Affiliate can work with just about any product in any niche.
So what is it that really sets them apart? Six things...
- They ENJOY their niche, and LOVE their market. A genuine interest shows, and it attracts your market to you. The more personality you have, the more you humanize your brand. Going the extra mile comes easy when you enjoy your work, and it pays off with a strong loyal fan base. One that links to your content, shares your content, and takes your content viral FOR YOU.
- They take ACTION. Super affiliates come up with a plan, and they work it. They don't just sit around and dream up ideas, read blogs & guides, then hope they'll one day be successful. They implement *everything*, keep what works, and constantly move forward.
- They're committed to their promotions. They don't just send out an email or write one article, post something on Facebook once or set up a PPC campaign for a few short hours. They get behind their product promotions 100%. They review them personally, test them, publish case studies, create bonus products, welcome questions from their market and help them make a smart buying decision, etc.
- They choose products carefully. A super affiliate doesn't always go with the highest commission rate, or the easiest sale. They choose products that are a good match for their market, and products they use and believe in themselves. They're in it for the long haul, and know they are putting their reputation on the line with every recommendation.
- They stick it out. Super affiliates don't get distracted by the next big thing. They follow through and follow up. They'll come back and post updates, implementation strategies, results, and even check in with their market and ask for their feedback on the product(s).
That genuine interest results in social proof, which helps more people in their market make a smart buying decision. Which results in more sales.
- They don't give up when things don't work. They figure out why, fix it, and/or try something different. It's never about something not working. It's about WHY it didn't work, and finding a solution. Super affiliates DO make mistakes, and they DO have "flops". It's learning from those and moving onward & upward that sets them apart.
While today's super affiliates have an advantage, it's because of these traits that they HAVE that advantage. There's nothing stopping you from becoming one of tomorrow's super affiliates.
Super Affiliates are NOT Genetically Special...
Super Affiliates weren't born wearing a big red SA cape, or knowing all the tricks. They are just like you, and have the same resources available as everyone else. They learn by trial and error, get seriously committed, pick products that sell and markets that buy, take action... and follow through.
Join Us In The Top Earning Tier!
Rosalind Gardner's Super Affiliate Handbook was the very first ebook I ever purchased online. I've shared before how I waffled over that purchase for a couple of weeks.
Which is funny in hindsight, LOL. I mean, seriously. It completely changed my business... and my life.
And psst: it's still on sale for only $27!
I paid almost twice that - and believe me, it was worth 100x that to me, minimum!
And if you can get to New York in June, join both of us at BlogWorld!
Super Affiliates are fun to hang out with.
p.s. There's nothing magic about Super Affiliates. And there's nothing magic about Rosalind's Super Affiliate Handbook either. The magic is in learning, implementing, and in YOU taking action!
There's no better time than TODAY to up your game!