I've been blogging full-time for more than 8 years now, and I have to say... I absolutely love it! 😀 I recently shared 8 Things I Hate About Blogging (but it's no secret I'd rather be blogging than anything else, lol).
What do I LOVE so much about blogging?! Here you go...
1. It fits in nicely with my lifestyle. Being my own target market in all of the niches where I blog, there's a natural flow between what I'm doing and what I'm talking about online. I simply take pictures as I go or discuss things I'm doing, reading, buying, eating, etc every day anyway.
"Work" really doesn't get much easier than that!
2. I can blog from anywhere! I've been known to blog from planes, cars, parks, coffee shops, home of course, airports, other countries, beaches - you name it. All I need are a few portable gadgets and I'm good to go. Namely my video camera, 13" laptop and Droid Razr. I love the freedom & flexibility of working online, and the fact that I'm not "stuck" in an office somewhere.
3. It never gets boring. There are so many things to teach, share and discuss - across all of my niches and blogs. Between ClickNewz, my low carb blog and my video blog, I'm pretty much always involved in some interesting discussion with like-minded people. It's like socializing on topics I love for a living - how great is that?!
4. I have an opportunity to make a difference. From helping people start an online business or achieve financial freedom, to losing weight and getting healthier - and lots of fun stuff in between - blogging gives me a platform to inspire, motivate and educate. Being even a small part in people achieving something awesome in their lives is an incredible feeling!
5. I get to meet super cool people. Whether it's online in communities and networks, or at live events and meet-ups, I've had the opportunity to meet some of the coolest people from all over the world. Having the freedom to travel and attend events, and "networking" online being part of my business, gives me a huge social advantage. I've made powerful connections that really helped my career, but more importantly - I've made some wonderful friends. 😀
6. I'm good at it! This actually came from years of practice. I've always enjoyed writing, but I wasn't a very polished writer - and really had to "learn as I go" on how to communicate effectively and market my work, among other things.
I jumped in with both feet (like almost everything else I've done) and simply figured things out as I went along, until I got in a groove and came up with a "blogging workflow" that suited me.
7. I get to work from home. I mentioned above that I can work from anywhere, but as a single parent it has been a real blessing to have a successful career and also get to be a full time mother. I quit my last real job almost 16 years ago, and have been working from home since my two kids were five months and five years old. They are now 16 and 21 years old, and I am deeply grateful I had the opportunity to spend so much quality time with them while they were growing up.
8. It's extremely profitable. There's a lot of money to be made from blogging, and a variety of income sources to explore. I focus mainly on Affiliate Marketing but also work with Brands & Sponsors. You can create simple info-products to sell, offer services, sell advertising, etc.
The possibilities are endless once you build an engaged audience!
I absolutely love my career and lifestyle as a professional blogger! 😀
p.s. Here's the link I promised in the video:
The Lifestyle & Income of a Super Affiliate